We all know that starting off the day with an awesome brekkie makes us feel good and ready for what the day has in store. If you're trying to get results quickly making a good choice first thing in the morning can help you achieve your goals. Add a bit of protein powder so you feel fuller for longer (but you dont have to). They key is to put fruits and veg you love so you can stick with the routine.
Its an added bonus that you can save on your living expenses by having breakfast smoothies because it means you dont go for that breakfast juice, coffee or toast on the go saving you around $50 every week.
Tightly pack 1 cup of leafy greens in a measuring cup, then follow with berries, banana, ice cubes, protein if you have it and then toss into blender. Add coconut water and blend together until all leafy chunks are gone. Add ice and blend again until smooth. Pour into a sealed cup so you can drink it on the go.
- 1 cup spinach
- 1 frozen banana pieces
- 6 blueberries
- 2 strawberries
- 150ml coconut water
- 4 ice cubes
- 1 tbl sp protein powder
- if you forget /dont have any of the above don't worry - substitute in more of what you do have
- substitute coconut water for water
- add rolled outs for fibre
- experiment with different fruits of the season - substitute mango, pineapple fruits in
- flavour changers like fresh mint and ginger can be awesome to throw in
- we love the amazonia, raw range (rice, pea and veg based protein powders that help you feel full for longer)
- Check it out http://www.amazonia.com.au/raw-protein-range
- Our fave pick is http://www.amazonia.com.au/raw-range/amazonia-raw-prebiotic-greens